Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Trial and Error. .

The other day, me and my "daughter" made some cupcakes just for fun. I also intended to bake them to give a friend of my father who happened to help us when I was hospitalized. I was really grateful, so I decided to do something in return and the only thing I know what to do is bake, or at least that's what i think.

So we made the same chocolate cupcakes which I myself liked making and also eating. The only thing that made it different from the first one I made was the frosting. I decided to make a honey butter cream frosting because I wanted it to be sweet and a bit healthier because it has butter, so if I added more sugar, it would be too much and besides, honey contains lots of vitamins and minerals and it's also considered as the healthiest food. I know the recipe I used for the butter cream frosting requires caster sugar but it's not that sweet, it taste a bit bland. I think it's because of the butter or something, so by adding honey in to it, it will make it sweet and a little something more to the flavor to it. 

When I made the frosting, I like the creaminess that made it and I also never imagined how it made the mixture stiff without adding more sugar. Before I kept adding caster sugar aside from the 1/4 cup sugar that the recipe needed just to stiffen the frosting. I wanted it to be stiff so it will hold the shape of the tip. Just wanted to practice on making some designs for the frosting and the only thing I can think of was using a pastry bag and different shapes. Gonna practice making fondant later on when I perfect putting frosting on it.

I never really thought honey can do that. Haven't done enough research on how it made the mixture stiff, thinking that the caster sugar made the mixture dry and made it stiff. I'm still in awe about what happened. The next time i'm planning on making cinnamon butter cream. I just love cinnamon.. HAHA. cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment