Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chocolate Vodka

Here's one that will sure to tickle your taste buds! A drink that is straight up simple, great for a small gathering of friends or whatever event you're planning on doing. 

I've seen some flavored drinks out there including chocolate vodka, but I tell you, this one is made from real Dark chocolate. Which gives it a lovely thick lusty flavor to it. The best thing about this basic recipe too is that you can add not just chocolate but you can add some other flavors too! The minute I've tried this, I thought to myself, maybe I can add a bit of mango or pineapple or apple flavor to it. So it's not limited to only chocolate. Lemon, orange and other zingy, acidic touches are important to this to mellow down alcohol taste. 

The first time I made this, some weren't exactly a fan due to the fact that I only had one lemon and orange. I combined them. You can't really taste or feel them much since I made like a liter of this drink. So here's the recipe below:


  • 1 kg Chocolate
  • a bottle of Vodka ( Don't worry, the whole bottle wouldn't be needed *wink*)
  • 3 lemons
  • 2 oranges
  • 1 kg sugar
  • 1 liter of water
Now what you need to do first, on a medium high heat, dissolve the sugar into the water. Stir for a bit, just a bit though. Basically, what you're doing is a simple sugar syrup. Once that is done you can add the chocolate. I'm using a dark chocolate so by adding some sugar syrup in it, the bitterness of the dark chocolate will be toned down a bit, leaving room for additional flavors. Also add the lemons and oranges at this part. 

Once the chocolate is melted, add a bit of water if it's too thick. Make sure that the chocolate is at the right consistency according to your preference. Now comes the fun part! Adding the vodka. I know I have written in the ingredients list "A bottle of Vodka" but you don't need to use the whole bottle (unless you love alcohol that much). Try adding bits and bits of vodka to it until you feel it's enough. I used almost half of it, since I liked it like that. Some might not like it but I do. Now stir it, and cool! you can also put some ice in it. 

If you are making small amounts and serving it immediately, you can just divide the ingredients per person then use a cocktail shaker to cool it instantly. 

There you go! A perfect chocolate vodka to brighten up your chocolate-alcohol craving. . 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment