Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's kind of a Curry story part 2. .

. . After making the curry sauce yesterday, time to add the meat. So I added the chicken tenders to it. The good thing about chicken tenders is that they cook easily and in a short amount of time. Just try to make sure you don't over cook the chicken meat cuz it tends to break and I don't really like the whole shredded chicken in my curry.

This is simmering for about 5 minutes waiting for the chicken tenders to cook properly. Don't wanna have pink colored chicken in it.



And then the finished product, added all the sauce in a bowl and the chicken.
Nothing like a good old curry to spice up the taste buds on a cold rainy night. Also the best thing about curry is that you never know what to expect on how the spices would blend. In this case, there are a lot going on with the flavors of the ginger, the sweetness of the onions and the thickness and rich flavor of the tomato sauce and the milk. The picture might not look as much but once you can get a spoonful of it with rice of course, it will tingle your taste buds in ways you can never imagine.

So that's about it, my version of the famous curry as what I like to call it. Maybe next time, when I can improve this recipe, hopefully I can find some curry leaves, coriander seeds and maybe add some lentils and see what it tastes like. I think there's another name for it if you add some lentils but overall, it's still curry. 

For those curry lovers out there, who have never tried cooking before, try this recipe and tell me if it suits your style. After all, I'm still new with this kind of cuisine. 


Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment